Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I really am quite ridiculous

Ok here's the thing...I occasionally, well more than occasionally but I like to make it sound less than what it really is so we will stick with occasionally I like to have a nice glass (sometimes bottle) of wine. I love me some wine actually : ) I don't really have a favorite although I've never had a bad glass of white zin, and yes I realize that you real wine drinkers may argue that white zin is not a "real wine" but nonetheless I like it! So when picking my bottle of wine I tend to choose by the attractiveness of the bottle. I have a wine bottle collection that I display in my kitchen so it has to be cute! Well while driving home from family ice skating last night I decided that we should get a bottle. I run in scan the designs and pick a fairly interesting looking bottle of chardonnay. Got home, ate dinner (pot roast that had been in the crock all day, DElish!), cleaned up kitchen and ahhh got out the corkscrew. and this is where the story takes a turn for the worse...as I pull up the corkscrew it is just coming right out of the cork NOT pulling the cork up at all. So I attempt a second time and again the screw just pulls out, no cork movement. Naturally Jeremy comes over and says "here let me do it" tada! same thing for him. He gets the idea to get a screw driver and used a hammer to try to push the cork through the bottle. Fail! He takes a break and I open my utensil drawer see a beater for my mixer and for whatever reason thought that I could somehow get that to pull the cork out. Again FAIL! However I did manage to chip the bottle. I tried scissors. FAIL! Jeremy came walking out with his drill, tried once and nothing. Got a bigger drill bit and again nothing. At this point there was a decent size hole in the cork so we attempted to just pour the wine into a pitcher through the hole and what do ya know? FAIL! Finally Jeremy drilled into it one more time and pop! out came the cork. It was a mini celebration. and as if all that was not ridiculous enough the following event definitely puts it over the edge. We used a coffee filter to trap all the cork pieces that dropped into the wine as we poured it into a pitcher. Absolutely Ridiculous! I really don't even know why I would admit to all this but none the less this is me. Ridiculous and all.
p.s. I promise I do not have a drinking problem, haha!

1 comment:

  1. bahahahhahaahahah
    is it sad this has happened to me...several times???

    im a wine girl too :)
    so when i come visit, we are drinkin some wine!

    ReplyDelete