Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fail

So I think it is safe to say that I fail the 30 day challenge. I mean I'm still on day 6 and pretty sure I should be up to day 14 or around there somewhere. Oh well, who was I kidding when I started it anyways I barely have time to get dressed at the beginning of the day like I really thought I would have time to do a blog post everyday. Ha! However as I am sitting here typing this I should and really need to be typing my paper that is due in 2 days and I have ohhhh 2 paragraphs out of the 5 pages that are required. This isn't just a regular boring school paper either. It is a BEYOND boring, drive me crazy scholarly nursing paper. Question? If you have been in the hospital have you ever wondered to yourself "hmmmm I wonder how my nurses writing skills are." NO! NO you have not thought that! I am much more concerned about "hmmm I wonder if my nurse is confident in what she is doing and has the skills to effectively care for me or my loved ones. Does she have the ability to notice when something is not right and able to take the right actions to correct it. I have NEVER once thought if she could write a paper. I am not a fan of nursing papers can you tell??? To top it off it's a horrible subject as well. Well not horrible just not anything I am really all that interested in. My topic is...wait for it...geriatric social interaction within an assisted living facility! Yep! Just shoot me now please : )
and speaking of failing, I have been doing that a lot. Well not failing but not doing nearly as good as I would like to be doing. I have made such stupid mistakes on my tests and I was telling myself that as long as I pass thats all that I'm worried about. I don't want to stress myself out over getting all A's. Well let me just tell you that my obsessiveness definitely came out when I got my first exam grade back. By no means am I saying that I am super smart or anything like that but I have always gotten good grades and take pride in that fact, so for me to not be doing well is driving me crazy!
Okay now that I have driven you to start pulling your hair out I am going to stop and attempt to get this paper flowing. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck!!! :)
    I have been doing awful in school...
    I have 3 beautiful children.. a 1yr old, 2yr old, and 3yr old..
    Not only am I a stay at home mommy, but also a houswife...
    Now some would consider them to be the same thing, but NO WAY haha they take up ALL of my time and make it difficult for me to even get my books out of my school bag..
    So ya I need some good luck too hehe

    ReplyDelete