Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 2

Post a picture of yourself and the person you have been closest to for the longest.













My Brother, My Hero, My Marine
This picture is from Parris Island which is where all Marines this side of the Mississippi go for boot camp. This was taken on family day which was the first day we got to see or talk to him since he left for training, aka one of the best days ever! I could go on forever and ever about how close Dustin and I are. He is the one person that I can go to for anything and everything. I've stated in a previous post that I would do anything for my brothers and this all stems for the great relationship that I have formed with Dustin. We know that we can go to each other and not have to worry about being judged or criticized. Yes, we tell each other our opinions but no matter what we support each other in all aspects and I can truly call him my best friend. Some people think it is weird that Dustin and I are so close and I think it's weird that other siblings are not as close, so to each their own I suppose.
Dustin is currently serving in Afghanistan and should return in May and be home hopefully in August for good ( he has been based in Hawaii). Again I could go on forever about him being in the Marines but I will refrain and just state this...the day Dustin knocked on my door and told me he was headed to the recruiting station I wanted to tie him down so that he could not leave. The day Dustin left for boot camp was horrible. The day Dustin left for Iraq was absolutely awful, and again the day that he left for Afghanistan absolutely gut wrenching awful. All the days in between...couldn't be PROUDER. Yes I would love to be selfish and have Dustin home and know that he is safe but in all honesty there is no better person I can imagine serving our country any better than my brother. He is in the service for the right reasons and takes his responsibilities with the utmost respect and loyalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment