Thursday, January 13, 2011

the akward "first"

Hello there! First off I must admit I am a little nervous about this whole blog thing but I'm assuming I will quickly get over it. Not really sure how or where to begin this so I figure my best bet is to explain my "title". I recently turned the big 25 and kind of had a freak out about it. I know I know 25 is still young and I have my whole life ahead of me blah blah blah, I get it! However to me, 25 was supposed to be the time that I had everything in order and a certain list of accomplishments completed, essentially have "my ducks in a row." I absolutely drove my husband and pretty much everyone else around me crazy by how much I talked about "my ducks" and they were definitely not in a row. My ducks are more like wet, muddy ducklings that are zig zagging back and forth. My husband and I have been married for three and a half years and we have an amazing little girl named Malina who is 4 and truly believes that she is 16, ha! So yes I will not insult your intelligence, you can do the math and figure out that Malina was a surprise and that is another story in itself, nonetheless a zig zag in my row of ducks. When I found out I was pregnant I was still in college and ended up taking time off to be a stay at home mommy, which was absolutely amazing however led to yet another zig zag. I know it sounds like I may be complaining about things but this is where the odd title of my blog comes from. I realized that it doesn't matter if my damn ducks are in a row, what matters is that I have ducks and I love those little suckers and one of these days I might, just maybe, I might have my ducks in a row : )
So, now that I have bored you with my ducks...

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE this! & i foresee your duckies being in a nice perfect row soon :)

    ReplyDelete